Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chocolate Origin @ 313

Chocolate Origin
313 Orchard Road
#B3-10A Singapore 238895

Opening Hours: 
1000 to 2130 daily

If you haven't tried this, PLEASE DO. My sister ordered the 6-inch dark chocolate cake for $36. All I can say is: if you're a chocolate lover, you can't give this a miss. We went for the dark chocolate one because my parents prefer that. It was chocolatey rich, it was moist, it was nice. 

The branch at 313 also served chocolate lava cake with ice-cream for $5 (or $6, i can't remember!). I have yet to try it, but it is on my agenda and I'll let you guys know how it turns out! 

I loved how the 'Happy Birthday to You" label is so colorful and is just a simple cardboard: a lot more environmentally friendly than the plastic ones they usually give and are disposed off. 

The sponge cake was alternated with the generous chocolate mousse which was rich but not heavy because it was less sweet. The sponge cake itself was very soft (but not too airy) and moist, while the mousse was light on the stomach although not lacking in its richness and taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment